Background

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thunder-phobe!

My poor Daisy is a total thunder-phobe.  She was worse when we were living in our old apartment, I think it was because we were on the third floor so everything was amplified.  Well, it's been a VERY long time since we've had a thunderstorm, I'm talking some time last year, so when we had one last night, she freaked out! She gets the shakes.  I have to take her to the hall bathroom because it's the one room in the house where you can't really hear the pounding rain, can barely hear the thunder, and can't see the lightning.  It's her fall-out shelter.  And because she hates to sit or lay on a hard surface, inside or outside, I have to pull out the bath mat so she can sit.


I took this picture with my cell phone so it's not the best, but it pretty clearly illustrates my crazy dog.  A video would do better justice since it would show the shaking.  We have tried so many different techniques (recommended by the vet and others) to break her of this, but nothing really works.  We just treat her like a little princess until the storm passes and try our best to distract her.

Uh-oh... duty calls, I hear thunder!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...