Background

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Stand By Me

My wonderful husband recorded this morning's Today Show for me because of an interview Amy Robach (had to look that up, had no idea what her name was) did with the some of the cast and director of Stand By Me.  Rob Reiner (director), Will Wheaton (Gordie Lachance), Cory Feldman (Teddy Duchamp), Jerry O'Connell (Vern Tessio), and Richard Dreyfuss (narriator/adult Gordie) were all present.  It was pretty neat to see the three guys together after 25 years.  It looks like they still have a similar dynamic to what they had when the movie was filmed.  Of course, it wasn't complete without River Phoenix (Chris Chambers) and I was honestly kind of surprised Kiefer Sutherland (Ace Merrill) wasn't there.

Stand By Me is probably my number one favorite movie.  I have seen it over and over again since I was young.  It was made in 1986 and of course I doubt I saw it when I was five, but I'm sure my sisters showed it to me at a young age.  Young enough that when River Phoenix died in 1993 when I was eleven going on twelve, I cried, that was Chris Chambers who died!

I love the movie, I love the soundtrack (the whole thing, not just the theme song - I have the CD in my collection and it's also on my iPod), and I even read the novella the movie was based on, The Body by Stephen King.  I am a fan of Stephen King and most often find myself reading his shorter stories because his books are so long.  So I actually stumped upon this story in one of his books, not even realizing the association until I began reading it. 

Long story short, it was really fun to see the cast together and I could still picture them as they were in the movie.  I actually haven't watched it in its entirety in quite some time, so I might just have to pull the DVD out and put it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...