Background

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

I ordered this from Amazon about a week ago and I was finally ready to try it out yesterday.  I have a couple of girl friends who were doing it and they said it was great, so what the heck, right?

Brad and I both got into our work out garb, cleared the living room, and put the DVD in.  Not even kidding, by the time we had pushed the couches back and cleared some space, we were exhausted.  That goes to show how out of shape we are!

We started with Level 1, which is recommended when you're just starting out.  There are three levels in all.  Each level has three sets of 3-2-1 circuits, as well as a warm up and cool down.  Three minutes of strength, two minutes of cardio, then one minute of abs.  The cardio really kicked our butts! We definitely need to brush up on our cardio work outs! We did go for a late walk with the dog around 8:30 last night, a few hours after we worked out.  It was nice.

As much as I did not love peeling myself off the living room floor yesterday evening, I definitely want to do it again! I feel sore in my shoulders and thighs and that's good! It's not agonizing like I can't walk, so I know I didn't overexert myself.  It doesn't hurt enough to give me a valid excuse not to try it again.  Not sure if Brad will join me this evening, but I'm doing it one way or the other! I'm not going to see results if I don't work towards them!

So Jillian Michaels? I certainly wanted to smack the chick while I was doing the work out, but looking back on what she said, she's right.  You need to push yourself.  If you make it too easy, then you're not going to see results and you're just not going to try as hard.  At least that's the way it is with me.  My biggest problem is lack of consistency.  I'll do a workout DVD one day and then be sore the next day so I'll skip out.  The problem with that is that I never start again.  The DVD is about 27 minutes long I think, and I can devote 27 minutes a day to this easily.  If I can devote myself to 5 Criminal Minds reruns in a row, I can do this.  Piece of cake. 

Today, I ordered her book, Winning by Losing.  And I also ordered her cookbook, Master Your Metabolism.  Her straight-forward, sock-it-to-me attitude is I think just what I need to get moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...