Background

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Scrapped my first card! For real this time!

A while back I decided it was crazy to continue to purchase greeting cards for $0.99 - $5.00 a pop when I could just as easily make the cards.  It was a great idea, I bought a box of 50 plain white greeting cards and envelopes at Target for $14.99 and I had some leftover scrapbooking and craft supplies from my wedding planning.  I was ready to go!

Well my first card didn't turn out so well.  It did the job, but I wrote "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Mother's Day" or whatever it was in crayon.  Yep, good ol' Crayola! Great, my wnderful idea looked like a child made it.  On to the next fab idea... I cut the letters out of magazines and flyers and whatnot and did my Father's Day cards.  "Happy Father's Day" from your friendly neighborhood serial killer.  Another great idea.  Oh how I wish I had pictures of those.

Moving on to bigger and better things, I decided I needed to have some letter stamps before I made another card.  My good friend Melissa sent me a set, so all I needed was ink! I bought ink! And some extra stamps with balloons, flowers, etc. to accent the cards.  Finally I sat down and made one.

The next birthday I have to send a card out for is my brother-in-law Chris in March.  (I already bought a card for my dad's birthday as I didn't think I'd have my crap together in time to make him a card by next week, of course - Murphy's Law.)  See the pictures below! I used a punch/embosser to do the scallopped edges, and of course I need a different size to make that look ideal.  I used my letter stamps and a couple of other stamp sets to create the graphics.  And on the back is a "made by" stamp with my John Hancock in it.  For my first shot, I am utterly pleased with myself! Now I just need to think about how I can add more color to it since the white is so blah.  But here I am anyway giving myself a pat on the back!

Front
Inside
Back

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...