Background

Friday, February 25, 2011

Facebook

Last night I saw what I think is by far the most amusing post ever on Facebook. 

BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "SUCK IT UP" and "MOVE ON" and crashed into "WE ALL HAVE PROBLEMS" before coming to a complete stop at "GET THE HECK OVER IT!!!!"

Wow is it true! I am kind of tired of Facebook.  I like it because I've reconnected and stayed in touch with many people from my past who I would have otherwise lost, but I am so tired of the drama that is Facebook.

Why can't we pop on there and look at pictures of friends and family, congratulate people on their accomplishments, and do other simple things like that anymore? Now the posts you want to see are drowning in the midst of peoples' game progress (Farmville, Mafia Wars, etc), whining, and YouTube nonsense.

I believe there are six pretty distinct catergories of Facebookers, please chime in and let me know if I'm missing something.

1. The Gamer - This is the person who posts almost nothing but updates on what game they are playing, when they are playing it, how far they've gotten in the game, etc.  They also send you 506 requests to join their game, water their farm, buy them a house, etc. I honestly don't know who these people are any more because any time I see a game update pop up on my feed, I block it so I never see them again.

2. The Lyricist - This is the person who constantly posts song lyrics as their status updates.  Sometimes they'll throw in a YouTube video of a performance.

3. The Whiner - Need I say more? This person uses Facebook as an avenue to complain about anything and everything.

4. The Commentator - This person posts what they are doing and when they are doing it.  All. Day. Long.  8:00 AM - just woke up! 9:00 AM - is going to work. 9:30 AM - stopped at McDonalds. 10:00 AM - going to the bathroom.  And so on.  And so on.  And so on.

5. The Seller - This person has their own business or is close to a business and they use Facebook to promote, promote, promote.

6. The Norm - These people get on Facebook to connect with friends and family.  Sometimes they are guilty of one or all of the above but not to the point where they are obsessive or annoying.

I know this post is totally critical and I apologize for that.  It's really not the way I am but I can't help it.  Facebook just brings out the best in people I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...