Background

Monday, January 17, 2011

Cookie Cake!

So last night I had some late night sweets cravings and naturally when I go to the grocery store I try to avoid buying things that will lead Brad and I to an unhealthy binge.  Well, today I figured I'd make some cookies so we'd have a stash of something to snack on just in case.   I had some Toll House chocolate chips in the freezer so I just made the basic Toll House chocolate chip cookie recipe, only I made the pan cookie variation - it makes a cookie cake.  I used one of my Pampered Chef large aluminum sheet pan to bake the cookie, greasing the bottom with Crisco, and it popped right out.  I decided that I wanted to ice the cookie cake, so I made up a cream cheese frosting (recipe below).  Instead of just icing the top, I cut the cookie cake in half and made it a layer cake.  It is delicious!!!

Cream Cheese Frosting

8 oz. package cream cheese
1/4 cup of butter (half a stick)
2 to 3 tbsps milk
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar

Beat all ingredients except sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer.  I used my hand mixer because my KitchenAid mixer parts were still dirty from the cookies and I wasn't in the mood to clean! Then add in the powdered sugar one cup at a time beating well between each.  Then it's ready to go! There was more than enough icing for this cookie cake, this recipe would probably easily cover a round or rectangular cake.  Make sure to keep any left over frosting refrigerated and to refrigerate the cake because the cream cheese can spoil if it is left out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...