Background

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Resolutions

Around this time every year, a lot of us start thinking about our New Year's Resolutions.  Well, I am making a change to that for myself and just setting some general resolutions.  I feel like having a "New Year's" Resolution restricts you to accomplishing that goal in just that coming year.  Maybe I've been missing the point all these years and finally getting it now, but I feel like making a decision to make a change in your life is a great feat in itself and you should allow yourself however much time appropriate to complete that task.

Some things I've been thinking about, in no particular order:
  • Become more involved with my Faith
  • Take some time to relax every once in a while
  • Dedicate myself to my school work and complete my bachelor degree
  • Improve my health and physical well-being
  • Cook dinner more
  • Try to do something for someone else each day, no matter how big or how small, it might mean a lot more to them than I think, so it's always worth it
  • Communicate more with my family
  • Make my own greeting cards (birthday, anniversary, etc.)
  • Be more frugal with our money, work out a budget and stick to it, keep building our savings account
  • Take a trip somewhere and be a tourist with my husband
Some of these things can easily be accomplished in the new year, but others may take a while longer.  I think the important thing is that we make the decision to do these things.  That's the first step.  Of course it's easy to say that you're going to do something, but to decide to do it is the challenge.  I've decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...