Background

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bon Voyage Cous Clan!

Tomorrow my sister Tracy and her family are leaving Summerville and heading to California! Well, first her and the kids are picking up my brother-in-law in Virginia and then they're driving cross country.  They are moving to Monterey, Chris's next station with the Navy.

Yesterday I went by my parents' house and brought Ben and Maddie some going away presents.  I bought them drawing pads, crayons, activity books, a magnadoodle-like pad each, Wooly Willy magnetic plates, and some blank note cards.  The blank note cards have envelopes that I addressed and stamped so the kids can send Brad and I letters and pictures.  I actually got the idea because it's something my eldest sister, Christine, did for me when she went away to college.  I can't wait to see the notes from the kids. 

I'll miss having them so accessable.  California is far away! Ben was actually born in California, and I went to see him there when he was just a few weeks old.  Now he's 8! I am hoping that Brad and I can take a trip to California and see them while they are there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...