Background

Monday, November 22, 2010

White Chocolate Chip Cookies

All I can say is, "wow!"  Last night I made the most amazing, melt in your mouth, white chocolate chip cookies.  Even Brad, who believes that if it isn't a regular chocolate chip cookie - it isn't a cookie, thought they were awesome. 

I'm not too crazy about regular chocolate chip cookies, I know I know, that's practically sacrilegious, but I can't help it.  I've just never been super fond of chocolate in baking.  I love to bake so I will bake with chocolate, it's hard to avoid, but if I am baking for myself, I want it to be something that I will eat. 

Last night, when I was just dying for cookies, I remembered that I had white chocolate chips (yum!) and decided to make chocolate chip cookies, subbing out the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips.  Usually people put white chocolate chips in a chocolate cookie, in fact that's what the recipe was on the bag.  Well I wasn't about to do that! So I made my own concoction. 

If I ever have hopes of selling my baked goods, I know I should keep my recipes secret and not share them with anyone, but I just can't keep something this good a secret! When baking I use my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer and my Pampered Chef Stoneware Large Bar Pan.  The mixer isn't as crucial I guess, but when actually baking the cookies, stoneware cooks foods differently than metal or glass, so if you are not using stoneware, I can't guarantee your cookies will match mine exactly.

2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

Mix these ingredients together in a bowl.  Set aside.

2 sticks of butter, softened (leave out at room temperature for about an hour)
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. light brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
1 bag of white chocolate chips, any variety will due

Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla in mixer (large bowl) until combined.  Add eggs, one at a time, beat well after each addition.  Gradually add flour mixture, about a quarter cup at a time.  Using a wooden spoon, stir in white chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.  I use a little scooper to make perfect little balls of dough.  Bake for 9-13 minutes. 

My cookies take between 12-13 minutes, I take them out just before they turn golden brown.  Different ovens and baking sheets make for different cooking times, so I would recommend setting that first batch at 9 minutes and checking it every minute after until they are done.  Keep an eye on the bottoms of the cookies too! You don't want them to burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...