Background

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ode to Potlucks!

Today at work we had a Thanksgiving potluck lunch.  As potlucks often are, it was amazing! We have done this around here a couple of other times, for Christmas, Fourth of July, and just for the heck of it.  What I think makes potlucks so great is the wide variety of food you get to eat! And I love to eat.  You get to sample things you might not otherwise try and other things that you could just never make yourself.  And it is almost always filled with comfort foods! Who doesn't love a good comfort food? Of course now I feel like I need to take a nap, but it was well worth it!

For lunch I had/sampled: fried chicken, ham, turkey cranberry spirals, some kind of bean salad, devilled eggs, potato salad, Greek quiche, dumplings, watergate salad, corn pudding, beef and bean casserole, shrimp, spinach dip, wild rice, and stuffing.  I hope I didn't leave anything out! All that fit on one plate, I swear! And no the plates were not giant sized! They were average-size Chinette plates.  I just had a tiny bit of everything.

Ahem, and for desert I had: applies with a fruit dip and pumpkin pie! I have been waiting all year for some pumpkin pie!!

Oh and my contributions were: potato salad, spinach dip, and wild rice.  I was planning on making something else, but that fell through!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...