Background

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Squirrel's Mom's Chocolate Cake

Most people who know me know that I don't do chocolate cake.  I can eat the heck out of brownies or a chocolate bar, and I can possibly force myself to eat a marble cake, but plain old chocolate cake is not my thing!

Well, while out at the Halloween Extravaganza, Squirrel's Mom told me that I have got to try the chocolate cake she made, it was so good! Well, I didn't have the heart to make gagging noises at the thought of chocolate cake, so I dutifully tried a small piece.  It was so good!! What's the secret?

1 box of regular chocolate cake mix
1 small can of pumpkin pie filling
1 cup of water

Combine ingredients, pour into cake pan, following baking instructions on chocolate cake mix box.  Do not add eggs or oil.  This is a three ingredient recipe!

When it comes out of the oven, ice it however you'd like.  The cake is so moist and just to-die-for delicious!! I can't wait to try to make it myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...